Well, the title is a mouthful, but it says it all.
I am working on a small generic framework for implementing setup wizards in Java WAR applications.
My requirements/features are as follows:
- store configuration information in a sensible, environment-dependent location (e.g. ~/.java under Unix/Linux, Application Data under Windows, ~/Library, etc
- XML-based wizard descriptor
- allow any kind of Java view technology (JSP, Velocity, etc)
- validation for each step in the wizard both via a user-supplied class or via a javax.script-supported script
- no external dependencies apart from slf4j
- obviously available via Maven
Currently the code is embedded in another side-project of mine (a Time Tracker application), but I plan to extrapolate it and make it available under an MIT license as soon as it”s robust enough and not so rough as it is now… 🙂